Musical (Music Smart) Intelligence Activities
- Create music to the Freedom Train for Kids Rap lyrics. Wave small American flags while performing. Freedom Train For Kids Rap lyrics
- Make up a rap about the U.S. Founding documents aboard the train. Declaration of Independence Constitution Bill of Rights Constitution for Younger Kids
- Write lyrics and music about Freedom.
- Write lyrics and music about the 1947 Freedom Train. Include playing a wooden train whistle.
- Write lyrics and music about honoring and thanking Veterans.
- Create a movement/choreograph a dance to patriotic songs that honor our Veterans and Military.
- Learn and perform a patriotic song on your musical instrument.
- Whistle or hum a patriotic song, add harmonies if possible.
- Create a Musical Human Body Board game called,
Trackin’ Freedom Train Facts:
- Print out the Freedom Train Fact Small Game Cards or the Math Fact Small Game Cards with questions on front and answers on back of standard size sheets of laminated cardstock. These shuffled cards are held by game leader.
- Create a RR track on standard white cardstock. Color or paint the track, then laminate. Then lay the RR track cards on the floor to walk around (Write numbers 1- the number you need- on the RR track floor cards).
Printable LARGE Railroad Track (Curve Pieces)
Printable LARGE Railroad Track (Straight Pieces)
* Plan to print out the number of STRAIGHT RR track pieces you will need to make the size of track necessary to accommodate for your size group.
- Play patriotic music. When game leader stops the music, they pull a question/answer card off the top of deck. Whoever is standing on the number answers that question. If they answer the question correctly, they keep the card. If they answer incorrectly the card returns to the bottom of the deck without telling the answer. Whoever collects the most cards by the end of the game, wins!
The 1947 Freedom Train is sure to be a family favorite and teacher treasure
for generations to come.
It’s an untold story that inspires patriotism, respect for all our military heroes,
and appreciation of our great freedoms!
Freedom Blog 4 Kids
Teachers- Here is an opportunity to start a freedom dialogue among your students! Potentially a club could be formed with adult supervision to monitor the blog and praise the language and acts of caring that promote freedom inside your school or homeschool community. Let the caring ideas begin- FREEDOM RULES!Learn More
Help Each Loyal Patriot (H.E.L.P.)
Here is a fantastic Community Service project your school or organization can consider starting. It will be exciting to find out about organizations where you live that are helping American Veterans and their widows and families.Learn More