Good morning Everyone! It’s been a while, hasn’t it? Please pull up a chair and join us at the kitchen table. Here you can always count on coffee brewing in the background, laughter, and several goodies to snack on (Just add popcorn and we’re all good ;).
Today the cold has frosted the windows and the coffee taste extra bold and sweet while it warms us up. We still have placemats out from Christmas dinner, but hey, 2018 is here, y’all, and it’s been busy so far.
Each New Year gets us thinking about things we are grateful for. There is something about a fresh start that makes you reevaluate all the good things and people in your life.
Starting with our amazing country!
Yes, it has its problems, and yes, it isn’t perfect, but there’s something incorruptible about the American spirit, something bold and pure, which speaks to all the possibility bottled up in this collection of places and peoples and stories. Made possible by our freedoms, big and small, and our right to pursue our own dreams.
A HEART FULL OF THANKFUL!
So we came up with a list of things that we are thankful for as an American. Please feel free to add your list! 🙂
- Service men and women, of course. None of this would be possible without them, without their sacrifices. We owe them beyond what any words could ever say.
- The places. America is expansive and unique… no two parts of it are the same. From the sleepy east coast beach towns and the southern swamps, to the Grand Canyon and Alaskan forests, we are surrounded by beauty at every turn.
- The food. Sure, we get a lot of inspiration from other places, but we have a way of making it something all our own. Especially southern food. Yeh, Kathie’s favorite… Cheese grits and gravy biscuits all day. Kathy’s favorite being from the west coast… a big, fresh crispy salad topped with fruit. What are some of your favorite foods? Please share them with us!
- The patriotism. Our friend Webster defines patriotism as: “Love or devotion to one’s country.” We’re proud of who we are as a nation, all the battles we’ve fought and injustices overcome. We’re proud and thankful every day for the military heroes and their families who have given up so much for the people who live under this flag.
- The history. Throughout we find the faces of heroes that paved the way and as each page turns through time; their bravery has led to building blocks of this great country and it’s everlasting spirit of community.
FACES OF HEROES
Artist Michael G. Reagan, Portraits of Fallen Heroes. This is amazing and healing!
SO DREAM ON
Yes, we believe, we can all look up into the vast stars that shine along the endless horizons and we can dream. Those fifty stars that light our waving flag we salute, and give tribute today, and every day… from our homes, from our kitchen table to yours, Happy New Year! Please share your hopes for the New Year, stories, or and any comments you may have, we want to hear! Chat again with you soon, and God Bless America!